The policy outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners, along with the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Please see our Cookies Policy.
Contact and communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 2018.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter the website may operate but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including IP addresses, geographical locations, browser types and versions, operating systems, referral sources, length of visits, page views, website navigation paths).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including names, email addresses, postal addresses, telephone numbers).
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using your personal information
- In the administration of the website.
- To enable your use of the services available on the website.
- To send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to disclose information by law.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password-and firewall- protected) servers.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
We may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
This website is owned and operated by The Finchley Charities.
We are registered in England and Wales under Charity number 206621 and our registered office is at 41a Wilmot Close, London, N2 8HP.
Our principal place of business is at 41a Wilmot Close, London, N2 8HP.
You can contact us:
- By post, using the postal address given above.
- By telephone, on the contact number published on our website.
- By email, using the email address published on our website.
If you have a complaint about this website or the treatment of your data, you can contact:
Tel: 0303 123 1113