Sheltered Housing Schemes:
We manage 172 flats over three sites consisting of a variety of studio, single and double-bed dwellings.
Our housing schemes are supported by five Sheltered Housing Officers (SHOs) with one living at each site.
Who Can Apply?
You will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be over 55 years of age.
- Have lived in the London Borough of Barnet for at least five years in your lifetime.
- Be in need of sheltered housing.
- Be able to live independently (with the support of a care package if necessary).
- Have limited means.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for accommodation, please download and complete the two forms below.
The Application for Sheltered Housing form should be submitted to our head office.
The Medical Form (one per applicant) should be sent to your GP for completion and then returned to our head office.
Our Allocation Policy can be read here:
Data Protection Notice
All applications are processed according the Data Protection Act 2018
Please read our Fair Processing Notice for further information: Fair Processing Notice
Covid 19 current status
To help reduce the spread of the infection, the government is recommending that as far as possible, people should delay moving to a new home while emergency measures are in place to fight the coronavirus.
All social landlords are therefore advised to pause non-essential allocation and transfer activity.
Essential activity deemed to be in the public interest would include:
• supporting victims of domestic abuse and people fleeing other forms of violence
• preventing severe overcrowding
• facilitating move-on from temporary accommodation
• facilitating discharge from hospital to free-up bed space for others requiring care
• supporting those living in unsafe accommodation, or without settled accommodation, which poses a risk to their health
What do you think?